Harbor Advisory Board
The Harbor Advisory Board reviews, advises, and makes recommendations to the City Council on items pertaining to use, control, promotion, and operation of vessels and watercraft within the harbor, docks, piers, slips, utilities, and publicly-owned harbor facilities and water commerce, navigation, or fishery in the Harbor.
The Board also reviews and recommends rates, tolls, fees, or other payments to be made for use or operation of the Harbor. The Harbor Advisory Board makes reports and recommendations on these issues to other City Boards and Commissions on harbor-related matters and when requested, will review items referred to them by other City Boards, Commissions, or the City Council.
- 1st Thursday of the month, except in January, April and July, which are scheduled breaks.
- 5:30 p.m.
- Veterans' Memorial Building, 209 Surf Street, Morro Bay, CA 93442
- Please Note: Meetings are currently being held virtually in accordance with Section 3 of California Governor Newsom's Executive Order N-29-20 issued on March 17, 2020 in response to the present State of Emergency in existence due to the threat of COVID-19. All meetings will held via teleconference for all participants. Please refer to the meeting agenda for public participation information.
Agendas & MinutesAgendas are available prior to the meetings.
View Most Recent Agenda (PDF) | View All
Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Minutes (PDF) | View All
MembersThe Harbor Advisory Board is comprised of 7 voting members, 4 of which must be qualified electors of the City of Morro Bay. Appointments are made by the City Council.
- , O'Brien, and Hackleman, Morro Bay Commercial Fishing Griffin
- , Marine Oriented Business - Chair
- , Representative of South Bay / Los Osos
- , Recreational Boating Member
- , Member at Large - Vice Chair
- , Member at Large
- Cherise Hansson, Waterfront Leaseholders
Contact the Board
If you would like to send written comments to the Board, please email them at HAB@morrobayca.gov. Please note that comments will be sent to the Board and select city staff.
NOTE: Clicking any direct email link will attempt to open your computer's default email client (if you haven't set this up it may try to open an email client you don't use). If this is not what you are trying to do, simply copy the email addresses above and past them into the email you'd like to send.
NOTE: Email correspondence sent to or from members of the Board via the city's website is considered public records and may be subject to disclosure and additional distribution pursuant to the Public Records Act, Brown Act, and Council Policies and Procedures.