2018 General Municipal Election - November 6, 2018
|Tuesday, November 6, 2018|
|One (1) Mayor - Full term of two (2) years
Two (2) City Council Members - Full term of four (4) years
|Opens July 16, 2018 at 8:00 AM
Closes August 10, 2018 at 5:00 PM
Filing deadline will be extended to August 15, 2018 if nomination papers for an incumbent officer of the City are not filed by the August 10, 2018 filing deadline. This extension period is not applicable to incumbents.
An appointment to receive and/or file nomination papers is encouraged. To schedule an appointment during the nomination period, please call the City Clerk's Office at (805) 772-6205.
|A Candidate Handbook will be provided to a potential candidate when the nomination paper is issued during the nomination period.|
Election Notices &
|Notice of 2018 General Municipal Election
Resolution No. 38-18 - Proposed Cannabis Tax Ordinance No. 615
please see Campaign Statements
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the General Municipal Election is to be held in the City of Morro Bay on Tuesday, November 6, 2018, at which there will be submitted to the voters the following:
Interested in Running?
Individuals interested in running for office can download Running for Local Office - A Candidate's Short Guide to City Elections for basic information. This Guide is not intended to be a comprehensive document and does not include the forms required when running for office. If you are interested in declaring your intent to run as a candidate earlier than the nomination period and are considering raising or spending money for your campaign, you are subject to certain requirements. Please contact the City Clerk at (805) 772-6205 for more information.
To be eligible to vote at the November 6, 2018 election, you must be registered to vote no later than Monday, October 22, 2018. For more information regarding voter registration or to obtain a vote-by-mail ballot, visit the County Clerk Recorder's Office - Elections and Voting website.
- Fair Political Practices Commission: The Technical Assistance Division of the FPPC will provide advice related to campaign filing requirements and conflicts of interest. Call (866) 275-3772 Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- San Luis Obispo County Clerk-Recorder's Office: Find your polling place, voter status and more online.
- Smart Voter is an online resource that provides nonpartisan information on elections and voting.
- California Easy Voter Guide provides new voters and busy voters with nonpartisan information for statewide elections in California.
- Making the Leap to Public Service: What you Need to Know Before You Are Appointed or Elected