Park Information & Reservations

Contact Us

If you are interested in reserving a park please contact the Recreation Department or Rental Step-by-Step Guide. View the Parks Guide (PDF) for additional details.

First-Come, First-Served

All parks within the City are on a first-come, first-served basis unless a permit is held. However, if you would like to reserve an area within a park (where available) for a special occasion, you will need a Public Area Use Permit (PDF).

Public Area Use Permit (PAUP)

A PAUP (PDF) is a permit that allows for the group to use an open space / non-designated area within a park. A PAUP is required for all groups with 75 people or more,  whenever a bounce-house is used, a contest or exhibition is provided, entry and/or sales fees are collected, structures (such as tents and booths) are erected, live music is provided, and/or alcoholic beverages are provided/consumed.

Reservation Fees

Permit and Reservation fees are set by City Council and part of the Master Fee Schedule (PDF).

Giant Chessboard Reservation

The Giant Chessboard at Centennial Parkway can be reserved Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. For weekend use, the Morro Bay Chess Club invites everyone to join them at the Giant Chessboard every Saturday at 12 noon.

View the City of Morro Bay Municipal Code, Chapter 2.24 regarding permit regulations.